Rutherford Regional Medical Center understands the special needs of women of all ages. We're also sensitive to the fact that when women need medical care, they seek physicians and facilities who understands their concerns as well as their condition. This is what patients can expect at Rutherford Regional, where women's services are a unique combination of high technology and a compassionate human touch.
The Breast Care Program at Rutherford Regional
Rutherford Regional's Breast Care Program is designed to provide each patient with comprehensive and compassionate care. Beyond having state-of-the-art technology for early detection and the most current treatments available for breast cancer, each patient is viewed as an individual.
A multidisciplinary case review, involving medical and radiation oncologists, radiologists, pathologists, surgeons and the patient navigator is conducted for each patient.
Patients who are diagnosed with breast cancer will have access to a patient navigator, a specially trained registered nurse who offers educational and emotional support from the time of diagnosis until recovery. Your navigator is there to assist your family as well.
Convenient support services include the Cancer Resource Center, support groups and peer counseling. All are available to patients through Rutherford Regional Health System.
Rutherford Regional is proud to partner with Rutherford OB/GYN to offer comprehensive services to meet all your Obstetric and Gynecology health needs. Many resources and programs are offered to educate women and answer their questions, including:
- Annual Well Woman Exam
- Bone Density Screening
- Obstetrics - Having a Baby
- Online Appointment Request
- Procedures and Surgery
- Ultrasound - Accredited by the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine
- Urodynamic Testing - Finding the Cause of Urinary Incontinence
The Birth Place
Having a baby is one of the most exciting experiences you'll ever have. To make it a memorable and care free one, the team at The Birth Place will do anything they can to make your special event as comfortable and stress-free as possible. Our goal is to treat you as a member of our family. All of our maternity and obstetrics services are geared toward the needs of you and your family as you make the transition to parenthood:
- Prenatal classes -- learn what to expect
- Family participation -- have the ones you love with you in labor and delivery
- Delivery in one of our three comfortable birthing suites
- Time to get acquainted with your newest family member right after birth
- Nursing staff specially trained in - labor, delivery, breastfeeding, and infant care
- Newborn hearing screens
- Infant "rooming-in" upon request -- keep your baby with you all the time or choose nursery care when you need to rest.
Highlights of the Birthing Suites:
- Space dedicated to family privacy
- Triage Rooms for ante-partum testing
- A choice of "rooming in" for babies
- Nursery includes a well baby nursery; level two nursery and bonding room for moms to visit with their infants that are unable to leave the nursery.
- Greater security for infants
- Consultation Room for the physician and patient to have private conferences.
- Convenient access to surgical suites which affords privacy for C-section patients
- Ten Post-partum rooms with tubs and showers
- Classroom to provide a learning environment for expectant families, and new parents and their families.
Amenities in the rooms to help make the mother's stay as pleasant as possible.
- Suite environment
- DVD Player
- Ceiling fans
- Glider rockers
- Sleeper chair for Dad
- Private dining table and chairs for Celebration Meal
- Private bathroom with vanity area, tub and shower
Comfort, privacy, peace of mind, flexibility - these are all important considerations for you and for Rutherford Regional Medical Center.
Mammography and Breast Health
Digital Mammography is Rutherford Regional's new ally in the fight against breast cancer. It allows the radiologist to view the x-ray image more closely zeroing in on suspicious or concerning areas. Not only does digital mammography provide better images of the breast, it reduces the amount of radiation needed for quality images.
The radiologist can view and manipulate the images on high-resolution computer monitors that enhance visualization of the structures within the breast tissue. They can also adjust brightness and contrast, and zoom in on specific areas to help detect small calcifications, masses, and other changes that may be signs of early cancer.
The Mammography Place and its technologists are fully accredited and certified by the American College of Radiology to provide the highest quality screening mammography services to the women of Rutherford County and surrounding area. Plus, The Mammography Place for the past two years has achieved the highest patient satisfaction scores in the nation according to Press Ganey Associates, the leading surveyor of patient satisfaction in America.
Also, a new MRI inside the hospital will provide is more detailed breast exams, something that radiologists say will give more peace of mind to patients and better information to physicians treating breast health issues. Breast MRIs and MRI-guided breast biopsies are more thorough ways to detect breast cancer and all of that means greater accuracy of test results.
- Behavioral Health
- The Birth Place
- The Breast Care Program at Rutherford Regional
- Cancer Resource Center
- Support Groups and Programs
- Pink Ladies Support Group
- Mastectomy Services for Cancer Patients
- What Our Patients Say
- Other Resources & Information
- Emergency Care
- Family Care
- ICU (Intensive Care Unit)
- Inpatient Services
- Joint Solution
- Laboratory Services
- Occupational Medicine
- Outpatient and Surgery Center
- Heartburn Treatment Center
- Support Services
- Women's Services