Home Care Services
Carolina Home Care
828-245-3575 or 855-848-3575
2270 US Hwy 74A, Suite 345, Forest City, NC 28043
Home care plays an important role in the continuum of care for our patients. The Hospital started the Home Health Agency in 1987. As a division of Rutherford Regional Health System, the agency has kept pace with the many changing demands in healthcare, serving Rutherford , Polk, McDowell, Cleveland and Burke counties.
Purpose of Carolina Home Care
- To provide comprehensive healthcare based upon the needs of the community
- To provide a continuum of the care established in the hospital, outpatient area, emergency room, and physician's office.
- To alleviate unnecessary entrance into a long-term care facility
- To reduce healthcare cost
- To provide comprehensive care in the home on an intermittent basis using a multidisciplinary team of professionals.
- To provide healthcare in the home under the direction of the physician.
- To provide care to all patients in need regardless of race, sex, creed, age, national origin, handicap or source of payment
- Observation and evaluation of any unstable condition
- Catheter insertion
- Bladder and bowel training
- Dressings and treatments to extensive decubitus ulcers and wounds, requiring sterile technique and applying negative pressure dressing.
- Teaching - care of the terminally ill, colostomy care, diabetes management, safety factors, medication managagement etc.
- Obtaining laboratory specimens such as blood samples
- Infant/Child Care
- Monitoring of medication compliance, actions, and side effects
- IV Therapy
- Teaching of patient or family to provide better care between visits
- Diet instruction including special feeding systems.
Home Health Aide
- Personal care such as bathing, grooming, and meal preparation
- Assistance with therapeutic exercise program
- Light housekeeping necessary to prevent or postpone institutionalization
Medical Social Services
- Assist patient and family in coping with financial, emotional, and other problems related to illness
- Provide information and referral for needed community service
- Patient and family consultation and planning regarding long-term care needs
- Evaluation of functional activities of daily living
- Teaching therapeutic activities to restore physical function
- Designing and fitting self-help devices
- Teach adaptations to increase level of independence
- Vocational and prevocational assessment and training
- Develop programs and therapeutic tasks to restore sensory integrative function
- Improve understanding of spoken or written language
- Develop alternative means of communication, e.g., communication board, gestures, etc.
- Improve the flow of speech
- Improve abnormal production of voice by altering vocal quality, pitch, loudness or duration
- Alaryngeal speech training
- Evaluation and treatment of swallowing difficulties
- Patient and family counseling related to communication problems.
- Evaluation of muscular function
- Rehabilitation utilizing therapeutic exercises
- Pain control utilizing TENS/Biofeedback and relaxation techniques
- Lymphedema treatment
- Gait and activities of daily living training
- Teaching families and caregivers a home maintenance program, safe transfers, positioning of a bed bound patient, and Use of equipment
- Adaptation and safety in the home
- Behavioral Health
- The Birth Place
- The Breast Care Program at Rutherford Regional
- Cancer Resource Center
- Support Groups and Programs
- Pink Ladies Support Group
- Mastectomy Services for Cancer Patients
- What Our Patients Say
- Other Resources & Information
- Emergency Care
- Family Care
- Home Care Services
- ICU (Intensive Care Unit)
- Inpatient Services
- Joint Solution
- Laboratory Services
- Occupational Medicine
- Outpatient and Surgery Center
- Heartburn Treatment Center
- Support Services
- Women's Services