Call 828-286-5543 for more information
After your stay with Rutherford Regional, the billing you receive can be a little confusing. The various groups who participated in your care may send separate invoices: such as bills from your physician or other specialists who contributed to your care.
How your hospital bill will be processed:
- Your health insurance - Rutherford Regional will bill your company. After billing, if we have not heard from your insurance company within 30-45, days we may ask for your help in contacting them. Portions of your bill not paid by your insurance company may become your responsibility.
- For patients on Medicare - Rutherford Regional will bill Medicare first along with any supplemental insurance policies you have. Portions of your bill not paid by your insurance company may become your responsibility.
- Medicaid - Rutherford Regional will bill Medicaid first along with any supplemental insurance policies you have. Portions of your bill not paid by your insurance company may become your responsibility.
- Workers' Compensation - If your injury or accident was work related, Rutherford Regional will file a claim with your employer's workman compensation insurance company. Portions of your bill not paid by your employer's insurance company may become your responsibility. We will work with you for payment option plans.
- Cash Payments - We will take payment in the form of cash, checks, Visa or MasterCard.
- Financial Counselors - If you do not have health insurance, or think you may not be able to pay in full for your care provided by the hospital, we can help by providing financial aid based on your income, assets and needs. For information on RR's financial aid program, please call 828-286-5641 or 828-286-5548.
- Patient Handbook
- Patient Rights and Responsibilities
- Joint Notice of Privacy Practices
- Food and Nutrition Services
- Medical Assistance Program
- Preparing for Your Visit
- While You're Here
- After Discharge
- Visitors FAQ
- Visiting Hours and Guidelines
- Gift Shop
- Cafeterias and Vending Machines
- Patient Financial Information
- Community Health Needs Assessment
- Non-English Speaking Patients
- Non-Discrimination Notice
- Sponsorship Request