Surgical removal of the foreskin of the penis.
- You may be placed on a special diet.
- Anesthesia may affect your mental and physical abilities. For the next 24 hours:
- Do not drive or operate hazardous machinery.
- Do not make any business decisions.
- Do not be alone or drink alcohol.
- Resume normal activity the day after surgery.
- Remove Vaseline gauze or Coban dressing the day after surgery and take a shower.
- Avoid intercourse until the incision is healed (at least four weeks).
Contact your doctor if any of the following occurs:
- Fever of 101 degrees F or above.
- Pain not relieved by pain medicine ordered by doctor.
- Bleeding that saturates dressing.
- An increase in redness and swelling at incision site if more than when discharged from hospital.
If unable to contact your doctor and feel you have an emergency, go the Emergency Department.